But before you put a leg over your bike, sign up to take the Winter Bike Week Challenge from February 12th through February 18th. Registration will open next week, so watch for an update on where to register via email, on the Bike Fed blog and Facebook.
If you were one of the more than 4,500 people who logged over one million miles riding their bikes in the spring and summer Challenge last year, give the Kimberly Clark Winter Challenge a try. Registration will open next week, so watch for an update from us via email, on the Bike Fed blog and Facebook.
We are hoping to get 1,000 people to participate in our cold weather commuter challenge.
Celebrate Winter Bike to Work Week in Eau Claire
Saturday 2/11 - St. Valentines Day Hustle- Registration @ 11,Race @ 12
$5 entry with 1/2 going to Dunn County Humane Society.
The Waterfront: 512 Crescent St. Menomonie, WI 54751 Photos of last year’s event: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bombcity/sets/72157626041650938/
Monday 2/13 - FREE: Share & Be Aware Winter Cycling Seminar- 6PM-7PM
UWEC Environmental Adventure Center: 105 Hilltop, Eau Claire, WI.
contact Matt Andrews @ 715-836-3616
Thursday 2/16 - every Thursday, all year long- meet Behind Racy D’lene’s Coffee Lounge (404 Riverside Ave, Eau Claire, WI) at 6:30, ride leaves at 7.
This week’s ride is 21+; visit local establishments & enjoy their winter time offerings such as Spanish Stew and Tom & Jerry’s.
Celebrate Winter Bike to Work Week in La Crosse
Visit the Bike Winter page of the Driftless Region Bicycle Coalition for more details and up to date information.
- Root Note Coffee House on January 29, 2012 at 1:30 PM for a Workshop on Winter Riding Tips, Winter Riding Fashion Show. Learn from the Experts or Come and Share your Wisdom.
Kick – Off Party at the Bodega Brew Pub Friday, February 10, 2012 4:00-6:00 PM. Arrive by Bike and enjoy a meat and cheese tray and $1.00 off a drink or sandwich
Winter Bike to Work Week February 12-18, 2012
- Ride your bike to a coffee shop for a free cup of coffee with a purchase. Participating businesses: Holmen - Blue Cup; Onalaska - Maggie’s; West Salem - Linda’s Bakery; Galesville - Jackie O’s; La Crosse – Jules, Java Vino, Mc Caffrey’s Coffee, River Rocks
- Do your Valentine Day’s Shopping by bike and get a 20% discount on candy purchase
- Wednesday, February 15, 5:00-6:30 PM Ride your Bike to The Wine Guyz and enjoy a free meat and cheese tray for winter riders
- Saturday, February 11, 11:30 Winter Bike Ride -Ride from Trempealeau Elementary School to Jackie O’s in Galesville for a free seasonal coffee drink and buy some lunch before riding back to Trempealeau.
Madison Bike Winter Presents Madison Winter Bike To Work Week - Feb 12-18, 2012
See www.facebook.com/madbikewinterfor updates & changes.
Sunday – Ice Bike Ride, Location: TBD, 1-3 pm; “How To” Winter Bike Workshop & Studded Tires Demonstration, Machinery Row Bicycles, 5-7 pm
Monday – B-cycle Monday – FREE Coffee on path & After Work Party at Madison B-cycle’s new location, 5-7 pm; Bike Meditation, Monona Terrace, noon; MEAThead Ride around Lake Monona, Ford’s Gym, 7 pm
Tuesday – Stray Cat Tuesday – FREE Coffee on Southwest Commuter Path; DIY Balaclava & Gator Party, location TBD, 6-8 pm
Wednesday – Machinery Row Wednesday – FREE Coffee on Path outside Machinery Row; “Love Your Bike” 50% off tune-ups at Machinery Row Bicycles, all day; “Singles Ride,” single-speed bikes encouraged, meet at Machinery Row Bicycles, 5:30 pm; “Love Cycles,” indoor cycling, Speed Cycling in Fitchburg, 6 pm, $5 drop in
Thursday – Dream Bikes Thursday – FREE Coffee on Path; Yoga for Cyclists, Mound Street Yoga, 5:30 pm, $5 for anyone who bikes
Friday – Bike Fed Friday – FREE Coffee on Path outside Machinery Row; After Work Party, Brocach Irish Pub, Capital Square location with RAFFLE PRIZES, 5-7 pm; After Party Ride to Ale Asylum, 7 pm; Sobering alternative: Indoor Cycling, Speed Cycling, 6 pm, $5 drop in
Saturday – Winter Farmers’ Market Ride, Senior Center, 11 am, arrive earlier to eat breakfast!
Optional Sunday – Madison Winter Festival, Cyclo Frost Costume Race, Capital Square, 8:30 am
Visit the Madison Bike Winter Facebook page for more details and up to date information.
Celebrate Winter Bike to Work Week in Milwaukee
MKEBKE Monthly Group Bike Ride - Thursday Jan 26, 7 PM
- Where: Classic Slice Eastside 1609 E. North (meet), Bruno’s 1329 E. Brady (end) Milwaukee, WI
- Description: Meeting at 7pm at Classic Slice for food and drinks, ride will take off around 8pm. Ending at Bruno’s for snacks and libations, Steve Roche behind the bar. $1 PBR. “Started as a one-time-turned-monthly underwear bike ride a couple summers ago, MKEBKE is excited to continue a fun, monthly group ride open to any and all riders. If you haven’t been on one, you’re sure to seen or heard of a fun-loving group of riders showing Milwaukee roads some two-wheeled love. These group rides are just for fun, anyone and everyone is welcome. I encourage you to come check out the ride, socialize, and enjoy yourselves.”
- Link: MKEBKE.com, Facebook event
Valentines Day Tandem Date Night - Feb. 14th, 5:30 PM
- Where: Juniper 61, 6030 W. North Avenue, Wauwatosa, WI 53213 414-727-6161
- What: Couples hop on your bicycles built for two and pedal over the Juniper 61 for a Valentines Day dinner. Reservations are encouraged. See you there!
Bike to the Oscar Shorts - Weds., Feb. 15th, 6:30 PM
Where: Times Cinema, 5906 West Vliet Street in Milwaukee’s Washington Heights neighborhood
What: Pedal over to meet other cyclists at the fabulous Times Cinema to screen this year’s Oscar nominated live-action and animated short films prior to the Feb 26, 2012 televised presentation of the Academy Awards. The Times has been renovated with oversize comfy reclining seats, serves the best popcorn in town and mixes great cocktails.
People have been riding bikes to the Times Cinema since the day it opened, June 12, 1935. Let’s keep the tradition alive.
MKEBKE Secret Show Series - Thursday February 16th, 7 PM
- What: MKEBKE Secret Show Series
- Where: Riverwest Public House (ride meet), 815 E Locust st. Milwaukee, WI
- What: ‘MKEBKE Secret Show Series’ (hosted by MKEBKE & do414.com) w/ The Daredevil Christopher Wright (Eau Claire), Big Falls, and Loup. A monthly group bike ride that goes to a promoted show, but unannounced venue.