Mark your calendars and dig out the ugly sweater, friends! It’s time to share some good cheer in Madison with your fellow Bike Fed members!
Greetings from your new Membership Director, Martha – that’s ME! I have been working furiously since September to learn the ropes and learn each of your names (that’s a LOT!).
I am so excited to be in this role serving our members across Wisconsin, including so many friendly faces I’ve met already in the bicycling community. For those who haven’t met me yet – our member party in Madison on December 6th is the perfect opportunity! Join us at HotelRED from 5-7pm to enjoy free treats, a cash bar and a chance to celebrate. Need more incentive to attend? Check out my list of the Top 5 Reasons to Get Gears & Cheers on Your Calendar now!
5. The bicycling season never ends, it just shifts! This event is a great time to talk winter biking with friends new and old. Learn the tricks of the trade and get psyched up for a winter ride if you’re a newbie to cold weather riding. Or, simply enjoy the end of a great fair-weather season and look ahead to next spring!
4. Test your lights and gear by riding to the party! Plenty of bike parking will be available at HotelRED, or just grab a BCycle and park it at the Camp Randall station just across from the hotel. Make sure your lights and layers are ready for winter with a test ride to the party!
3. Channel your inner Martha Stewart. We’ll have a bike-themed Upcycle contest set up to test your skills at DIY winter décor crafted from bike bits and pieces. Are you the competitive type? Enter your work of art to be judged by our panel of experts, and you may win a free night’s stay at HotelRED!
2. Toast your Bike Fed Membership. Be among the first 10 party-goers to join or renew membership with the Bike Fed and enjoy a drink on the house. Bring a friend who hasn’t joined yet and impress them with a free drink (and membership in an amazing organization!).
1. You get to talk to me! I look forward to seeing lots of friendly faces and meeting new Bike Fed friends! And really – do you need any more reason than the company of a supportive bike community at a warm, welcoming location? I thought not — we’ll see you there!