Summer in Wisconsin often includes a visit from the Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew, and this year is no different. Jordan Carr and Lani Bruntz will roll into Rice Lake July 23-26, and you are invited to join them and their hosts, the Chippewa Off Road Bike Association (CORBA), for a weekend of trail building at the new Pipestone Trail.
In addition to IMBA’s Trail Building School, the visit will also feature socializing at Badger Brew and a presentation on how great mountain biking trail experiences can improve your community. All in all, it’s a great opportunity to hang out with like-minded trail lovers while learning about building and maintaining sweet, sustainable singletrack. Check out the CORBA locals on the Lowes Creek Trail in the video below.
The Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew, on the road since 1997, is IMBA’s grassroots educational program, and an authority on sustainable trail building practices. A team of professional trail experts travel year-round throughout the United States, leading trail work sessions, meeting with land managers and working with IMBA Chapters and the communities they serve to improve mountain biking opportunities. The Trail Care Crew program has inspired great volunteer trail work across the U.S. and abroad – a big help to government agencies and land managers who have limited funding for trail construction and upkeep. As a direct result, there are now thousands of new and improved trails in all 50 states, Canada, Mexico and several European countries.
Below is the schedule for the CORBA event:
Dates: July 23-26, 2015
Hosted by: Chippewa Offroad Bicycling Association
Contact: Noah Michaelsen
Thursday, July 23:
- Open House Welcome Event: Come meet the Trail Care Crew as well as other volunteers & riders in the area. Light food & drink will be served. 6pm @ Badger Brew ~ 3 West Eau Claire St, Rice Lake, WI. 54868
- No registration needed!
Friday, July 24
- Better Living Through Trails presentation, 2pm @ Out There Nordic, 502 North Main, Rice Lake, WI. 54868
Saturday, July 25
IMBA Trail Building School - register using the button above
- Classroom 9 a.m. – noon @ Out There Nordic, 502 North Main, Rice Lake, WI. 54868
- Lunch provided
- Trail work 1 p.m. – 4/5 p.m. @ the new Pipestone Trail east of Rice Lake
All events are free of charge thanks to generous support from Subaru of America.
* You MUST attend the morning classroom session to participate in the field project. Wear pants, closed-toe shoes, a hat, gloves and bring water for the trail project.