The 2014 Wisconsin Bike Summit, to be held on October 10th, is just around the corner and we are excited to announce a great lineup of speakers and sessions. Following the theme of I Bike, I Vote, there will be three tracks at this year’s summit, to be held at Edgewood College in Madison.
Michael Johnson, CEO of the Boys and Girls Club of Dane County will open the Summit. Our featured keynote speaker is R.T Rybak, former mayor of Minneapolis – currently ranked the top Bike Friendly City by Bicycling Magazine and the Summit will conclude with a rally at the Wisconsin State Capitol, led by Eleanor McMahon, Member of Provincial Parliament, Burlington, Canada and the founder of Share the Road Cycling Coalition.
Sessions include a variety of topics focused on getting people on their bikes and keeping people on their bikes. Highlights include:
• Dr. David Waters and Tatiana Maida presenting information on their highly successful Latino Community Bike Day
• An introduction to the Wisconsin State Bikeways Plan from the Bike Fed, Wisconsin DOT, and DNR
• An Hour of Power Virtual Lobbying – a review of the Bike Fed Legislative Survey and some key legislative races, with time to contact legislators to tell them of the power of bicycling
• Creating Regional Trails will be presented by Keith Laughlin, Executive Director of Rails to Trails
• The Marathon County Bicycle Route System Wayfinding Project
• An overview of the 2014 Wisconsin Bicycling Benchmarking Report
• Your Bike Fed in action – what the Bike Fed is doing to make Wisconsin America’s Best Ride
• Advocacy in Action – working with your community leaders and elected officials to bring better bicycling to your neighborhood
Please join us for a day of community, advocacy and bicycling. We’d love to see you! As sessions are finalized, we’ll post the updates on our website.
Click Here to Register Now »