We are looking to hire Share and Be Aware Ambassadors in Madison and Northwoods Areas. If you have some extra time between May and October and would like to earn some extra cash, join the Bike Fed team as a Share and Be Aware Ambassador.
Share and Be Aware Ambassadors serve as outreach and education specialists who encourage Wisconsinites to Share and Be Aware when driving, walking, or biking. The goal of the program is to improve safety and awareness of traffic laws for all road users.
Ambassadors provide demonstrations and education at events and classes in their region of the state from May through October, reaching bicyclists and motorists of all ages. Ambassadors will work out of their home and must provide an internet connection and cell phone. Ambassadors must also be able to bike or walk to local events and bike/bus/drive to more distant events. All mileage will be reimbursed. The position is a flexible 20-35 hours a week including weekends. Pay is $12/hour. Ambassadors can be based anywhere in Southwest or Northern Wisconsin. These two new Ambassadors will join our team of 4 returning Ambassadors.
- Part time Limited Term Employment (May thru October)
- Each region will be from 6 to 20 counties depending on the population
- Forge key regional relationships with community stakeholders
- Attend community events
- Teach education classes
- Develop local media contacts and stories
- Provide detailed reporting on progress of program in region
- Utilize Share and Be Aware web assets
- Travel around assigned region as needed
- Have a passion for walking and biking
- Desire to improve/increase walking and biking in your community
- Ability to teach classes and offer trainings
- Comfortable doing outreach at events (ie talking to strangers)
- Organized and prompt
- Ability to build partnerships
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume by 5pm Monday, February 28th to:
Jessica Binder, Education Director
Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin